One of the places on St. John that I find to be incredibly fascinating is the Catherineberg plantation. Located three miles from Cruz Bay and approximately 500 feet north of Centerline Road sits an impressive and well-intact 18th century sugar plantation. If you haven’t explored this area already, add it to your must-do list for your next St. John vacation.
A brand new webcam just popped up on island, and I think you’re all going to love it!
Hello everyone! IslandTidbits.com is moving to ExploreSTJ.com. Please check that page for daily blog posts & for information on my island tours.
Don’t forget to follow me Explore STJ on social media too!
Hello everyone! I am ridiculously excited to share today’s tidbits with you! Ok, so anyone who knows me know that I love a good raffle! I’ve held a handful over the years, and I think it’s time to do it again!
I received a call earlier this month from Carey Deckard, an owner at Grande Bay Resort in Cruz Bay. Carey and his wife Janelle generously offered to donate a week-long stay over at Grande Bay. Carey is a longtime reader of mine, and he wants to help raise money for the Animal Care Center of St. John. I immediately said yes, and then reached out to friends who own businesses on island, asking for additional donations. And they all immediately said yes too! So exciting!
Drum roll please…
I am super excited to announce the first very first (but certainly not the last!) Island Tidbits raffle in conjunction with the Animal Care Center! There is only one grand prize, and it is pretty incredible. For just $25, you can enter to win the following St. John vacation:
- A six-night stay at Livin’ the Dream at Grande Bay – (You can choose to stay in either the studio or the one-bedroom unit.)
- A half-day island tour with Explore STJ
- A sunset sail with Palm Tree Charters
- $100 Beach Bar gift certificate
- $50 Tap Room gift certificate plus a St. John Brewers swag bag valued at $75
- $50 Cruz Bay Landing gift certificate
- $50 High Tide gift certificate
- $50 Windmill Bar gift certificate
- A champagne brunch for up to six people at Garden By the Sea bed & breakfast
- A Sam & Jack’s welcome basket courtesy of Crandall on St. John
The raffle has an estimated value of roughly $4,500.
The raffle period has ended.
How the drawing works: Once the entry period is over, the raffle committee will personally write/type the names of each entrant on a raffle ticket. If you buy one ticket, we will write/type your name on one ticket. If you buy two tickets ($50 total), we will write/type your name on two tickets. If you buy three tickets ($75 total), we will write/type your name on three tickets. And so forth. You will not receive a ticket by mail or email. All of the names will be placed into a secure bucket/basket/box. Once all of the names are written on tickets, we will draw the winner live on video. The winner will be announced on islandtidbits.com. A video of the drawing will also be posted on islandtidbits.com. The raffle period will end on Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 9 p.m. AST. The winner will be announced on islandtidbits.com on or about November 18, 2022. All tickets purchased will be treated as donations to the Animal Care Center on St. John. Now go ahead and enter! Good luck!! And thank you for supporting the Animal Care Center!
The Fine Print:
- The winner must adhere to the individual property/business rules and restrictions.
- The one-week stay at Livin’ the Dream is based on availability. The winner can choose to stay at either the studio OR the one-bedroom unit. If Livin’ the Dream requires a deposit, the winner is responsible for paying that fee.
- The half-day island tour with Explore STJ is based on availability. Gratuity is not included.
- The sunset sail on Palm Tree Charters is based on availability. Gratuity is not included.
- All gift certificates will be provided to the winner at check in.
- In the event that a property/business becomes uninhabitable due to a storm, fire, or Act of God, the winner agrees to forfeit the prize.
- We strongly encourage the winner to purchase travel insurance.
- None of the prizes are transferrable without the business owner’s consent.
You can bookmark this page at www.islandtidbits.com/raffle.